St. John’s is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School within the Diocese of Shrewsbury and the Shropshire Education Authority. The School has been in existence since 1856, providing education for the children of the Catholic community of Bridgnorth and the surrounding district. The original site was behind St. John’s Church, now the parish hall.
The present School is a single storey building, built in three phases since the 1950’s. There are seven classrooms, a Library, an administration area and hall, with a school run kitchen attached. It is situated within its own grounds, having a playing field, Forest School Area, Reception Garden, a trim trail, buddy benches and two playgrounds. Each classroom is equipped with a well-stocked class library and wet area. Interactive whiteboards are fitted into all classes.
The School Ethos and Values
We provide a sound secular education within the framework of a strong religious tradition and background. We recognise the need for the development of the whole child – academically, spiritually, socially, morally, in artistic, creative and sporting achievements. This provides the basis for their future school and adult lives.
The School prides itself on being a caring community, which promotes good attitudes in the children.
The Mission Statement provides children, parents, staff and governors with a focus for our aims and intentions.
Virtual Tour can be accessed here